Family Gathering Update, May 2019
May 20, 2019
It was a bittersweet night for the Station Hill family as we both celebrated and sent the Duren family toward the next chapter of their ministry. The evening was appropriately musical, including several songs from our KidLife Worship Choir, an incredible send-off from our adult choir, and an odd, yet somehow sentimental version of "Blessed Be the Tie that Binds" from a robe-clad ministry staff led by Brian Coates and accompanied by Jeremy Johnson on a synthetic pipe organ. It was exactly what it sounds like. (And we still couldn't convince Cliff to stay.)
Thanks for Darlene Abbott and the KidLife Choir for leading us in worship, especially the 5th-grade ensemble and that basketball routine. Yes, that's right. If you weren't there, it was a unique night.
If you did miss it, here are a few more highlights:
NextGen Summer Activities
Taylor Johnson previewed Summer 2019, including
- VBS, Kids Camp, and 5th Grade Mission Journey
- Preschool Water Play Days and Parents Dinners
- Student Connect Events, Mission 931, and Bible Studies.
Summer Connect Groups
Brian Coates previewed many of the latest Summer Connect Groups, which are all online now as well. Check them out here.
Campus Staff and Construction Updates
Michael Volbeda, Associate Executive Pastor for Brentwood Baptist Church, share updates about new staff roles and campus construction.
- Jay Strother, while remaining the Campus and Teaching Pastor for Station Hill, will add on the additional responsibility of Regional Campus Pastor, serving not only Station Hill, but also in an oversight role for West Franklin and Nolensville. This position allows for greater synergy among campuses and offers other campuses the experience gained through the growing of Station Hill over these past eight years. Jay's role at Station Hill remains largely unchanged.
- Brian Coates also assumes additional responsibilities as one of two Regional Associate Executive Pastors, serving other campuses in an oversight role similar to what he currently provides Station Hill as Administration Pastor, where he will continue to serve in the immediate future.
- New staff hires at Station Hill will include a Discipleship and Care Minister, to help offset some aspects of Jay and Brian's day-to-day roles, as well as a part-time Student Minister to assist Chris Blanton, who also currently oversees all Next Gen ministries.
- Lastly, we are already working hard to fill the recently-vacated role of Worship Pastor due to Cliff Duren's transition to First Baptist Chuch Woodstock.
- The Nolensville Campus is progressing with construction and anticipates an opening in late Fall of this year.
- Harpeth Heights, the latest campus, is up and running with its new Campus and Teaching Pastor, Brandon Owen.
Station Hill Updates
Jay closed out the evening with a few updates regarding our worship services in the fall.
- We will continue to worship at 8 AM, 9:30 AM, and 11:00 AM each Sunday.
- We will transition the 8 AM hour to a family worship service, encouraging families to attend together in lieu of offering preschool, children, or student programming at that time.
We followed up the night with food trucks, fun, and lots of great fellowship. It was a great start to a great summer. Check out the photos, courtesy of Mike Hayes, and be sure to follow the links to learn more about all the upcoming chances to connect and serve this Summer.