Family Gathering Update, July 2019
August 19, 2019
Fall is upon us, and so is a new semester of children, student, and adult LIFE Groups and activities.
On Sunday, July 28, The Church at Station Hill gathered together to usher in the new season and celebrate what God did this Summer.
Here are a few of the highlights:
- We honored Don Reid for his contributions of time and talent in the planning and construction of our Phase IIA facility. In recognition of Don's efforts and servant's heart, The Church at Station Hill has names the worship room of this phase Reid Hall. Letters will go up soon. A mockup, as well as a picture of Don and his family, are in the photo gallery on this page.
- Juan Sali was announced as the new Discipleship and Care Minister for The Church at Station Hill. Juan and his family are relocating from Florida and will join us in early September.
- Evan Burcham was also introduced as our new Associate Student Minister. Evan will work alongside Chris Blanton in our Student Ministry.
- Brain previewed the Fall's list of LIFE Groups, Focus Studies, and other adult activities. Be sure to pick up a brochure in the atrium or check out a full list on our site.
- Chris, Taylor, and Amy gave us a great recap of God's work during the Summer for our students, children, and preschoolers.
- We had about 50 preschoolers and parents gather for water play days on the church lawn this summer.
- We also had about 20 preschool parents meet for preschool parent dinners and walk through Parenting by Paul David Tripp.
- Amy previewed our new preschool ministry projects where our families will reach out to assisted living residents in the areas.
- Sept. 21 we will put together and distribute care packages for residents at Willow Springs.
- Dec. 7 we will decorate Christmas cookies with/for residents at The Reserve.
- Sept. 25—PCD orientation
- Check out our website for dates of Preschool Parent dinners and more.
- VBS was a tremendous success, with a record number of children professing faith in Christ as their savior.
- Both children and students participated in mission journeys to Jackson, TN and Chicago, IL respectively.
- Both children and students participated in camps this summer as well.