February 2, 2014
Jay Strother · Matthew 25:31-46
Three ways to respond to today’s message:
RECOGNIZE that caring for the poor begins with embracing the gospel. Caring for the “least of these” begins with faith that is displayed in obedience. Read James 2:14-26.
RESPOND by meeting the needs of those already around you.
- Are there needs in your family? Work with your relatives to address them.
- Are there needs in our church family? Give to the Benevolence Ministry of our church by using the blue envelope; 100% of this money goes to people in our church family who are in crisis.
- Are there local needs God has placed in your path? Consider how you can connect them to local partners like The Well, Place of Hope or the Crisis Pregnancy Center.
RESEARCH opportunities to be involved with our mission partners in meeting poverty needs:
- Read “When Helping Hurts: How to Alleviate Poverty without Hurting the Poor” by Steve Corbett and Brian Fikkert (Moody Press, 2012).
- Go to brentwoodbaptist.com/Next and click on “Get Involved”
- Join a mission journey this year to assist mission partners meeting critical needs: brentwoodbaptist.com/missions
- Sign up to serve with The Mobile Medical-Dental Unit.