Judgment & Discernment
March 3, 2013
- Matthew 7 is the final chapter of the Sermon on the Mount. Why was it important that Jesus turn His attention from applying kingdom truth from personal temptations to interpersonal relationships? Why is it sometimes difficult to live out these truths as we do life together?
- “You can’t judge me” is often heard in our world today. In what ways is this passage often misquoted and misused? What is Jesus saying and what is He not saying here?
- Why is it important that any discussion about judging behavior begin with self-examination, humility, and repentance?
- What does sharing the gospel have in common with challenging believers toward obedience? How can we exercise discernment as we share with unbelievers?
- How would your life be different if you lived the way Jesus sets forth in this passage?