Becoming Flesh Again
February 12, 2012
Jay Strother · Psalm 119:9-16
1. “Reading is an immense gift, but only if the words are assimilated, taken into the soul - eaten, chewed, gnawed, received in unhurried delight.” - what are the barriers that keep you from “unhurried delight” as you read and study the Bible?
2. What does the repeated use of the number eight in this passage reveal about God’s nature and character as revealed to us in Scripture?
3. What does it mean to truly “treasure, hide or store up” God’s Word in our hearts (v. 11)?
4. What is the Hebrew word picture for meditation? How is that different than our culturally-shaped understanding of this practice? How does this shape the way we should approach the text?
5. Delight in God’s Word anticipates delight in Christ, who is the Word of God. How do we live out the “living Word?”
6. ACTION STEP: Today you’ll be given the opportunity to receive a copy of Scripture to pass on to someone else. Pray about who in your life needs these Words of God so they can be introduced to the Word of God (Jesus).