Family Gathering Update, May 21, 2017
May 22, 2017
It was a great night together for our May 2017 Family Gathering. Thanks to all of you who brought desserts and sides, and a special thanks to Jan (and Mike of course) Hayes who braved the heat and the grill to offer us hot dogs as well!
Just to recap what we covered . . .
Preschool Growth and Renovation
- In order to accommodate the growth of our preschool demographic, we anticipated needing to expand the area on campus for our preschoolers. As per our original master plan, we will soon begin renovating the current adult classrooms (four of them) and converting them to preschool rooms.
- This will not affect security, and the entrance and exit for preschool will remain as it currently is.
- Renovation will begin June 19 and should be completed by the end of July.
- The adult classes currently meeting in that hall will be moved to newly installed modular classrooms on the south end of our building.
- These classrooms (also four) are climate controlled and in fact larger than the current adult spaces.
- The modulars will be positioned close to the building and will be connected by a covered walkway. They also contain restrooms.
- Adults will begin using these modular classrooms on June 25.
Next Generation Summer Events
Chris Blanton covered several key dates for our preschool, children, and student ministries.
You can find other important dates here:
Jay spent a helpful few minutes with us reviewing a basic method for sharing the gospel with our friends and family. A basic recap of that method is available here:
Other Summer Dates
May 29 – Summer Connect Groups Begin
July 30 – Family Gathering
Aug. 2 – All Discipleship Leader Meeting
Aug. 6 – LIFE Groups Start Back (Advancement Sunday)