Family Gathering Update, May 2018
May 23, 2018
We had a great Family Gathering this past Sunday. About 350 people joined us for this special occasion, including many guests. We love seeing so many new people coming to learn more about our church and its strategies and to have fun fellowshipping together. If you missed it, check it out on Facebook.
KidLife Worship Choir
It was great to hear from our Wednesday night KidLife Worship Choir. If you have children grades 1-5 who would like to get involved, watch for our Big Wednesday schedule to resume this coming fall.
NextGen Summer Updates
We heard from Taylor Johnson, our Children's Minister, about many of the upcoming events for our preschoolers, children, and students. See the links below for all the info.
Brian Coates Fifteen Years
We recognized Brian Coates for 15 years of service to our church. He started as Jay's intern in the Middle School ministry. Now, he serves as the Administrative and Discipleship minister at the Church at Station Hill. Congratulations, Brian!
Cliff Duren even crafted a special hymn in his honor. Use the link above to watch the video. It's worth your time!
Jay Strother shared updates on our new Mission, Vision, and current strategies.
Engaging the whole person with the whole person of Jesus Christ anywhere, anytime, with anybody.
Gospel First and Always, Romans 1:16
Uniquely Called, Psalm 139: 14-16
Intentional Innovation, Mark 2:1-12
Crossing Cultures, Genesis 12:1
Multiplying Matters, Matthew 28:19
10K disciples making disciples, having 500K gospel conversations in 5 years, leading to 100 healthy congregations. (That's 2 gospel conversations per member per month.)
- We are adding campuses, church plants, revitalizations, and exploring more ways to partner with others across Middle Tennessee.
- We are both multiplying and growing:
- Fradys in training for missionaries to Uganda, Africa.
- Grove Hill church plant
- Every Girl Counts added as a new Hope for the World Mission partner, helping to provide education for girls in Nairobi, Kenya and future opportunities.
- Harpeth Heights, on Highway 100 near Loveless Cafe is close to becoming the newest campus of Brentwood Baptist Church. We will vote as a church on June 3 and 10 on merging with this congregation.
- Summer Connect Groups are now available, including hiking, cooking, sports, and of course Bible studies.
Building details and Groundbreaking
- A new facility to the south of our current building will include a 200-seat worship center and classrooms for students, as well as eight adult classrooms.
- This buildout will take 10-12 months.
- We will still use the modulars until then, accessed now through the back of the building instead of the side.
- This building is already paid for.
- Thanks to our leadership teams for all their hard work.
- We broke ground officially on this site.
Thanks to our food truck vendors for providing a great dinner. It was a great night.